Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Saving newspaper

This morning was recycling; however, not all the newspaper went out with our blue bin.  Nope, I'm saving some of the paper for making my own seedling pots.  I get two Sunday papers for the coupons each week, which results in a lot of newspaper and advertisement inserts.  A few weeks back, as I flipped through one of my garden books I came across creating your own seedling pots using newspaper.  Genius idea!  So I'm scrounging up the paper that doesn't have color ink only the atypical black and white for making said pots. I haven't gotten around to it yet, but at least the thought is there.

I have in the past used the seed trays that come in those kits at the big box hardware stores; however, I always run into a case of dampening off.  I have no idea what's running amuck.  So I'm trying a new approach.  We'll see how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment