Sunday, January 8, 2012

January Flowers

     It's not that often that flowers survive during the month of January when you're in Zone 5 like me.  However, with 40 to 50 degree days lacking real snow can make the flowers confused.  Case in point are the snapdragons that I planted last spring along the front flower bed and the pansies lining our new retaining wall in the front yard. Not only are they thriving but they're blossoming.


     In fact, I have a variety of colors popping up along the retaining wall thanks to the pansies while the snapdragons are confident enough to spread out.  They were pretty crazy during the Spring/Summer so I'm wondering what they're up to this time of year and if the colors will be just as vibrant.






     Now I will say that the pansies are sub-zero varieties that die back over the winter then come back in the spring; however, they haven't hibernated.  They're still kicking....Pretty hardy for pansies.  Now, hopefully the weather doesn't confuse my crocus, allium and tulips...

No comments:

Post a Comment