Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fun in the house

The snow just keeps coming giving us nothing to do outside.  As a result we've taken to giving a lot of attention to the houseplants, which at times can be messy...Case in point putting the ivy into a bigger pot last night.  The poor thing needed a new home; however, now it's in the jungle of the dining room instead of its lone window in the kitchen.  The humidity of the sink and the sunshine caused a massive growth spurt for the plant.  However, it now has to deal with the cramped space; however, there are three plant lights (yes, I said three) in the dining room for all the foliage.  My boyfriend jokes that we should release the zebra finches and get a water feature to make it into a tropical aviary complete with ambiance.  I don't know how I feel about that...

But I do have to figure something out about all the plants since I'm going to be starting seedlings soon and my citrus plants should be here in March/April.  I know, I know that's a few months away but sometimes I forget (aka procrastinate) about projects, so the sooner the better.  In addition, we've been eyeballing the small plants at the local supermarkets and stores.  Only because when you walk into my mother-in-laws apartment there are a butt-ton of plants to the point where they're on the floor.  I'm slightly jealous but then I'm not the greatest with houseplants.  I have a tendency to kill them....oops. 

What are you doing to keep busy this January?  Are you looking at the discounted plants as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment