Thursday, January 26, 2012

All it needs is love...

Pots for the herbs
     Oy, a busy week so far.  I know I'm a day behind getting the blog up.  However, I have started some of the slower growing herbs for this year's garden.  I'm using the biodegradable Jiffy pots with seed mix this year.  In the back is a dish with the oats for the cats so they'll leave the regular plants alone.  Since the seeds are so small for the herbs I did a mass spread and will thin them as needed.  Here's to this year's batch of herbs :)



Chocolate sunflower
     Not only that but I went through all the flower seeds and discovered another batch of chocolate sunflower seeds. *evil grin*  Last year only two of the seeds took with some spectacular flowers that lasted through the summer.  I'm looking forward to planting those come April.  I also have some chocolate violas, columbines and pincushion flowers.  Who knows, maybe I'll set up an area in the yard for a chocolate themed garden, not just in visual appeal but scent as well.  We'll see what boyfriend thinks of that idea....


The newest addition to the houseplants
     On a side note, I found a small plant abandoned to the doom that is known as Walmart's garden center.  They are generally horrible with their plants especially in our area because they built the new Walmart with the garden center in the direction of the wind patterns.  There's a history of said wind taking down hundred year old trees and power lines, so of course it's a genius idea to put the plants on the windy side of the building...The poor plant sat in the back room trying to survive in it's paper cup near other clearance plants such as glitterized trees for the holiday season and wilted ferns.  I repotted it in one of the smaller self watering containers and there's new growth so the outlook is hopeful.  It's a really pretty plant and I need something in the office that can survive low light.




No comments:

Post a Comment